Thursday, May 13, 2010

Permit me....

Yesterday morning found me ringing our friendly shire worker again...to inform him that if our BUILDING permit wasn't passed by Monday our contract would be null and void (true)-resulting in a price rise of between 10 and 20%. I pointed out that as we required our SEPTIC permit in order to get our BUILDING permit that we would be sueing the Shire in the event of our contract being voided.

His immediate reply was "Well, here's what I can do: I'll personally sign off on your septic permit today for you." Oh, really? He could have done that 4 weeks ago-pratt!

My response: "Ï'll be there at lunchtime to collect it myself." Which I did and then hand delivered it to the builder......Building permit may be received as early as tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment