Sunday, May 9, 2010

Cows and codswollup........

Another phone conversation with the gentleman at the local council today who is "processing" our septic permit and it went something like this:

Me: "Hi $%^*, Just wondering if you have confirmed that our plans do show that our house is being built across the allotment boundaries?"

HIm:" Yes, but I have referred it to our legal department because of the other blocks in the subdivision. I can see that your house would have to be cut in half for you to sell off one of the crown allotments and will recommend that your permit is fine but if the legal department decide that they are processing all of the blocks in the one process yours will be included."

Me:" So you are saying that our permit meets all of the requirements but because other prospective building projects do not that we may not be able to get ours?"
Him: "Yes, I can only go on what our legal department recommend. I am waiting on a call now from them."

Me: "Please tell your legal department that should they decide to process our application in a "job lot" despite it meeting all of the requirements, then we will be initiating legal action ourselves!"


To cheer me up I have included some photos from yesterday, when we went out and planted my Mothers Day present-a Prima Donna Tree! And also a photo of our friendly neighbours...

No comments:

Post a Comment