Sunday, May 23, 2010

Next instalment....

Let's see..what has happened in one week? Well, that depends on how you look at it! There is nothing different at the block, but- we have our building permit-sans the shed!

I met with Kev from Your Backyard on Friday about where our shed & chookshed are going to be sited and all went well! I can't praise these guys enough-they have been storing our sheds whilst the septic saga dragged on!

So I then took the setback measurements into the builder's office-all good thus far! Later that afternoon I received a call from the office to tell me that we can have our building permit now-if we don't have the shed on it-because the shed wasn't included when they calculated everything for the insurance etc-so we would have to start the building permit from scratch! We can't live in the shed...so, Your Backyard are now organising a seperate permit for the shed (which is how we were going to do it originally.....).

This means with any luck and weather permitting, we can have a start on the site this week!

On another topic-I received a parcel today from Buyster containing the free product that I said I would review for them (a 2l vacuum food jar). It's a solid looking stainless steel number with a great capacity. I decided that I would fill it with boiling water and see how long it keeps it hot-issue number one-it's not water tight-so transporting hot soup would be out of the question! I'll see if the water is still hot enough to make cup of tea at lunchtime-if so it should be OK to take hot pasta or casseroles in. But I wouldn't be paying anymore than $15/$20 for something that has the capacity of leaking hot fluid on me...ah well- I got it for free-it may make a nice utensil holder without it's lid!

No comments:

Post a Comment