Monday, November 8, 2010

What you gain on the swing...

Today has been one of those days where it feels like whatever you gain on the swing you lose on the roundabout...

The kitchen is nearly completed, but due to an inability to gain promised access to the house, the curtain measureup has had to be rescheduled AGAIN! Next time, I will go out there an hour prior so that if the promised workers are not at the house I can go into town and collect a key...this further delay means that our roman blinds and drapes for the kitchen & meals will not be ready by Christmas...
The septic is yet to be installed-it was supposed to have been done last week but they have hit a boulder! It was supposed to have been smashed today, but you guessed it-nothing done! Until the septic & stormwater is done, the termite retic can't be installed. Until the termite system is installed the slabs for the pergolas can't be done...etc, etc....

Anyway, some photos: Below: Nearly completed kitchen cabinetry

Below: The ensuite floating vanity (River Cherry horizontal grain)

Below: The kitchen bench back

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dee,your right about the swing/roundabout.The good part is the kitchen,before you know you will be cooking up a banquet.I have a favour to ask,I like your ideas that you give people.Must come from building a few houses.Can you have a look at what david242 is suggesting.I think this plan is fine for my lifestyle, was more concerned with size of theatre and bathroom.You are right b/room size is ok.ps know you are a very busy person

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi gorgeous,

    I think you need some cheering up so i thought id give you an exclusive.

    I have been scraped yeeeeehaaaaawwwww you are the first person i have told, but Loretta got in first as she took the pictures. So yes, LOL she knew before i did hahahahaha thought you'd get a kick out of that. Anyhoo pics up on blogg will update thread tonight.

    you kitchen looks amazing you have nothing to be down about. if anyone knows about holdups it's you, so being you, you know this too will sort itself.

    I on the other hand am starting to double check my colors for the externals. I know it's not like me but the color i chose has been discontinued from dulux and i think it's just nerves. i would love to send you an email with my selection cause i know you would be honest with me.
    so in summery.

    chin up, gimme your email, your house is coming along FANTASTICLY! and if you are still upset then know i am officially threatening you with a cuddle :)

    mwa lova ya
    ciao

    Pedro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking gorgeous so far Dee! I love your analogy regarding the swing and the roundabout - so true. I think the WHOLE build can seem like that, until one day you turn up to your address and THERE IT IS! The best cubby house ever appears before your eyes! Keep your chin up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! Chin is fully up! LOL It's been a tough few months with all of the issues in the family & DH's health (still not fixed BTW!)but we can see the finish post!

    ReplyDelete