Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Slab anyone? How about getting framed?

Yesterday (44 days since site scrape) we finally had slab pour! This was not without it's frustrations, as on Tuesday when I arrived at the block and found no action the builder told me it was because the concretors couldn't get a concrete pump! Yet right next door-at that very moment, a concrete pump was being used to pour their slab (only 10 days after site scrape!). Now, call me crazy, but surely the pump could have been booked to use as soon as that job was finished-considering that our block is 15km out of town? Especially on a glorious sunny day?


Obviously too logical! However, our slab was poured and it didn't start raining until 4 or 5 hrs later....


I was surprised this morning when I got out there to find our frames being delivered! The builder had told me that they were made and as soon as he could get the slab on the ground things would get moving....so as soon as the slab is cured off we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment